Monday, October 15, 2012

Don't ya just hate it when . . .

Okay, so last week was a bust for writing. Truly last week was a bust for many things not just writing.

Think of the sinus infection from heck. You know the kind that makes you dizzy when standing. (Just because I'm a blonde doesn't mean I'm a ditsy blonde and that's the reason I couldn't put 2 sentences together last week). (Ha, ha) Going for a little humor here to lighten Monday up.

And when I wasn't suffering from sinus pressure that felt like ice picks stabbing me in the forehead, I was sympathetic to a sick husband passing kidney stones. (Ladies it's like giving birth, and men if you've had them you now know how a woman feels when having a baby). FYI he's still passing them. So this week isn't starting out any better.

But this week is a new week, and I'm eager to begin, but now all my ideas that I wrote down to work on this week, seem stale, weak in the oomph factor. I know fiction isn't truth, and really I should let some things go, but I still find myself wanting to stay as close to reality as possible in fiction. (Like for my next book, The Merger, the main characters are balking at an upcoming arranged marriage). I've got to make that as believable as possible.

Oh, well, what I guess I'm really saying is that we all have days and weeks like mine. So for now I'm getting out of the house. A nice walk in the sunshine will do me good. Today is sunny with a light breeze and about 68 degrees. And it'll warm up my thought processes.

See ya in my books.  

No comments:

Post a Comment