Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Deviating from the Norm

Okay, I know this blog is about writing, my writing in fact; and to be honest all about me and what I'm doing,  giving updates and going off the deep end about things in general. However, today I've taken that left turn at Albuquerque and guess what Bug bunny? I found The Alabama Crimson Tide!  

Let me explain. I am a college football nut. Every October; yes I know college football begins in September, but I don't watch anything new until after I've returned from my last beach vacation in October. So every Saturday and Thursday and the occasional Friday or Monday beginning in October my eyes are glued to ESPN, CBS, ABC and NBC watching college football.

I think it may have something to do with seeing guys in skin tight knee pants, but I am certain it is all that muscle, stamina and skill showing who can take the most beating and still come out a winner.

Let me say here and now I don't wish anyone to ever get hurt. But let's face it, football depends on taking down the guy with the ball; and I love watching a three hundred pound defensive player (of the team I'm rooting for, of course) take out the passer or receiver. I believe it is the beast in me that I keep hidden from society that enjoys the *choreographed violence of the sport. (*by choreographed I don't mean staged, but following the set of rules of the game).

So today, I celebrate with all other BAMA and SEC fans throughout the U.S.

Congratulations to the players, coaches and University of Alabama; their students, alumni and fans on another great season and victory.

ROLL TIDE!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment